Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First day of Fall




Today is the first day of fall. I have to say it is one of my favorite times of year!Bring out the sweaters, simmer up a pot of homemade soup, bake some homemade bread. It definately feels like Fall today. The sun is shining and it's beautiful outside but there is a slight chill in the air. I also love fall because I have found that I really enjoy canning,jams,jellies,applesauce,pears,peaches and I tried pickles this year just because someone gave me a whole bucket of cucumbers!

3 comments:

Bonny said...

I love Fall too! Although it doesn't feel like Fall here in Vegas just yet - still 95 degrees - oh well, it will come soon enough!!
I wish I lived closer to you so you could teach me how to can! I remember eating yummy canned peaches and cherries at your house when we were younger - YUM!!

cheeriBABY said...

Not Fall yet here either. It was 99 today. I wanted to go to the beach today but Tyler doesn't trust me going by myself with three kids. The pickles look delish. Oh I hope one day we end up out there by you guys. Good work Briana. You and your family will love having all of that yummy stuff to enjoy through the winter.

Bon said...

I keep meaning to add you to my blog list and forgot! Now I had some catching up to do! Congrats on being preggers. I bet you are beautiful pregnant! That is so exciting. Wish I lived closer so I could get my lens all up in your gorgeous kiddos faces!:)